View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:49 PM
tigger5464

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I started this pattern last night. I try to enter one crochet item in our district fair every Sept. So far I have won blue ribbons for crochet every year. Not as lucky with my quilt entries. :? :-D :-D :-D

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/...ocus+Doily.htm
Thank you for the link....I used to crochet constantly. Took it everywhere with me...even to work. LOL I, too used enter things in our local fair. I quit when I heard the judge make comments during the judging part. (quit entering things till I started quilting.) Her comments were about a bed doll that I made...She said (and I quote)...OH my God...what awful colors....Get it out of my sight!!! I absolutely hate those colors.
She didn't even look at the workmanship....just that she didn't like the color. It was a southern belle style with a pale blue dress and parasol. (it only took me 6 months to get the pattern right...designed my own. ) The same year I had entered 2 thread doilies with seed beads crocheted in and they both got blue ribbons. The thread was like sewing machine thread it was so tiny...I used a size 13 steel crochet hook. :D Had lots of fun stringing all the beads on for the pattern cuz you put them on backwards. :D Took a little bit of thinking :D but it was really fun for me. :D I have gotten away from crocheting since my hands aren't so good anymore but would love to get back to it. :D