Thread: Lesson learned
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 03:34 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
Today I opened a kit for a crib quilt and discovered a noticeable black greasy spot in the center. Now if I had just purchased it, it would go back to the store with the receipt, but I’ve had it for at least 2 years and I don’t even remember where I bought it, much less have a receipt. From now on, I will open any kits when I get home and make sure this doesn’t happen again.
My sister showed me a trick for getting diesel fuel out of fabric. Since you have “mystery grease, give it a try? She buys Crest brand toothpaste (must be the all white paste). With an old denture or tooth brush, or even a stiff nail brush scrub the toothpaste into the stain from both sides, and about 1/2 “ around the outside of the stain as well. Let set for ten minutes then rinse under hot running water, and machine wash with laundry soap. An old truck driver showed her that trick. It is worth a try.....? You can try it several times, but remember, no dryer until the stain is completely gone. Might just save the fabric. ( I watched her take diesel fuel and grease out of Khaki colored shorts of her hubby’s so I know it can work)

Last edited by madamekelly; 12-30-2017 at 03:39 PM.