View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 04:10 PM
osewfast

Question Quilting Expo class vs LQS class

Hey Y'all!

I want to take a class to better learn how to do ruler work. (Using rulers/templates on my home machine.) A LQS plans to offer a class on this technique in April. Don't know the pricing yet, but they said it Might be a 2 day class. This shop is in about 50 miles away but would be a pleasant, rural drive. The shop is modest sized - so I'm sure the class won't be too big. Hopefully more one-on-one with the instructor?

Then I saw a class listing for the next Original Quilt & Sew Expo in March. That event is about the same distance - but I'll be dealing with Atl traffic there & back. *Yuck* This class is $19 class fee + $22 materials fee + $8 admission. Not sure if there this is just a lecture/demo class or actual hands on - which I want hands-on at a machine.

My question boils down to - has anyone ever taken classes at these Expos? Are they as personal as a LQS type class? Was it a good experience? The advantage of the Expo - all that wonderful shopping/exhibits after the class. But supporting a LQS and having that smaller class seems like a good thing, too. Your thoughts?

Thanks!
Donna Mc

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-30-2017 at 06:15 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps