Old 12-31-2017, 08:46 AM
AmyBible

Everyone's blocks look great! Kass - I love your "doodle" as well as both your "Bonnie" blocks. These units are fun to play around with. I think even if someone "messes" up and flips some blocks around the quilt will still look good - the first time I laid the block out I flipped the geese units (2nd picture) but I think it looks ok too.

I have all of Clue #6 sewn (still need to trim). I have all of my Clue #7 Geese paired up and a few sewn.
But I could not resist making a block.

WOW - is it ever lumpy. Someone - maybe on the FB Quiltville page - said they pressed their geese units TOWARDS the geese rather than towards the wings - that would have made this block much flatter. I know a lot of people press seams open and that would make the block flatter too. Too late to go back and switch how the Geese are pressed but I am toying with doing another color way and will definitely press differently.

So maybe tomorrows Clue will tell us how those pesky rectangles fit in? As mysteries go, this is a pretty good one (although I admit I am one who flips to the back of the book to see Who Done It).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]586282[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]586283[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails clue-8-ringo.jpg   clue-8-ringo-2-.jpg