View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 AM
tscweaves

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Theresa, very interesting celebrating New Years at the time of the old country. Your curtains are wonderful, very drapeable.

Marcia
Marcia, we have always celebrated New Years Eve with my dad's family. Growing up it was at my grandparents home and after they passed, it turned into a round-robin where it changed places every year. As everyone has grown and had families of their own, no one wanted to stop the tradition. This year we had 5 generations there, it just keeps happening. The only change has been to celebrate midnight at 5:00pm. I have never done anything else on New Years Eve other than the family gathering. My mom and dad will celebrate their 68th wedding anniversary this year, and my mom has never missed one either. I think it is wonderful that the newer genrations want to keep it going. I like the family continuity through the years:-)

I would like to thank everyone for their kind comments on my curtains. I know they are not quilted, but I was happy to share with other sewists. Now back to the Bonnie Hunter mystery which is no longer mysterious