View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 02:14 PM
quiltlady1941

Default need help designing a quilt, Please

I have been asked to make a quilt out of some hand embroidered blocks, they were embroidered by my dear friend that passed away this July.. her daughter asked if I would make this quilt.

She and I worked together me as a custodian and her as a security guard at our high school, she had time as she would do a lot of sitting at a desk at the doors monitoring who came and went, so she started embroidering these squares, she always said they were going to be a quilt for her granddaughters wedding..She dated most of them and put little messages of love for her granddaughter in the designs.

I have 18 blocks, they average about 17 inches and I know I will have to square them up to all one size. I really don't know how to go about making this quilt or how to lay them out, I was told to make it as big as I could as the granddaughter has a king bed.
There are 12 blocks that are a medallion design and 6 block that are kind of a flower design, I could make some kind of block to go with these or just use a plan block. I laid out the blocks on my king bed but they didn't come out even, I did 4x4 which is 16 so I have 2 left over. also they are embroidered on thin fabric so will have to do something about that too..

Does anyone have any suggestions on a lay out for this quilt..I am really kind of scare that I will mess this up and these blocks can't be replace.So I have out to get it right.... Here are the picture of the blocksThanks so much..
Attached Thumbnails img_1864.jpg   img_1863.jpg   img_1861.jpg