View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 08:24 PM
JJBlaine

Default Finished Wolf Quilt

[ATTACH=CONFIG]586422[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]586423[/ATTACH]I finished this quilt for my brother, who is very much into wolves. I asked for ideas here a few months ago, and, thankfully, some fellow board members suggested trees. They were pain to piece, but I love how they look!

It's a little hard to tell from the photo, but the main print on the backing is line drawings of wolves, I just didn't have enough for the whole backing, or enough of the dark brown for the final border, so I had to improvise. My brother is a grump, but he actually cracked a smile when he opened it, so I'm pretty sure he was happy with it.

The only thing I had to buy was the dark chocolate kona for the border. I had the panel and the main backing fabric sitting in a bin for at least 10 years. I think I bought it a WM. Some of my scraps were too bright, so I coffee-dyed a bunch of them to make them work. For the quilting, I outlined the images on the panel (a first for me), and did a swirly-loop design on all the borders.
Attached Thumbnails completed-resized.jpg   back-completed-resized.jpg