View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 07:03 AM
cenpaqltr

It is a good thing that you will be visiting 3 shows --take the opportunity to test drive machines that you may be interested in. I have had 3 HandiQuilter machines - started with the 16 - moved up to the Avante 18 and last year made the move to the Fusion 24. I think that the new 20 inch Handi Quilter would be a wonderful machine - the table is adjustable height wise so that could be adapted to make use a bit easier and the reach on the 20 is a great solution as far as quilting area in concerned. A friend of mine had space issues for her Avante 18 - but found if she angled the machine in the room there was enough room for her to use it. The handle to advance the quilt was placed toward the doorway and it worked just fine. I have about 26 inches of space on the back side of the machine to allow for panto use....that could be a bit narrower with a smaller machine like the 20. Good Luck in your decision - take advantage of the test drive possibilities. I am not connected in any way with the HandiQuilter company.....but I will tell you that I am wholeheartedly a HandiQuilter Gal. Love those machines.

Happy quilting.