Thread: Chosen Career
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 05:06 AM
Geri B

I read somewhere that most people will wear at least 7 different career caps in a lifetime...interesting how one career sometimes leads one to another, I think it also has to do with right-brain or left-brain dominance...I myself, altho in high school carried a 4. Average, member of national honor society( does that still exist?) did not have any desire to continue in academia - found a good job in an office, diverse enough to be interesting...then boyfriend, later dh, suggested trying cosmetology- he being a barber, then......so I did, part-time while working in the office....changed to working in a salon after finishing course...then married, had children, was able to "work-hair, while children in school, moved to another city..reverted back to office work. Administrative assistant (fancy name for secretary)in academia (school for "gifted students") retired from there- after 10 yrs-couldn't take the politics of it anymore!, then found quilting-purchased longarm and did client-work, took up much of my time, not enough energy to do my own sewing, quilting, so after about 12 yrs stopped. Now, trying to catch up with all those UFOs I have accumulated. But always find myself doing handwork hobbies in spare time....my therapy, I guess...btw, dh also changed from barber to insurance agent, to financial planner...so, yes, many career caps in my life so far...what's around the corner, I wonder!