View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 05:49 AM
Mickey2

I have never seen a magnesium bodies machine. I have a Singer 201K23, it's the aluminum version of the 201, beige with a slightly updated exterior. It's not light weight by todays standard, but the version in a suite case type cover I can carry with me with out beeing hard work. My black cast iron 201 is arguably portable in a bent wood case, but a walk down the street?...seriously, I'm quickly thinking of something with wheels as soon as possible.

The 201K23 sounds different, sort of a bit firmer in a way. It's in every way up to the cast iron version. My black cast iron 201 is my favorite, it's in cabinet with one drawer on the side. I guess it once was a treadle, because it has the spoked hand wheel, but the motor and lights are early 50s and the serial number is 1950 spot on. The treadle parts are removed, but I can see trace of alterations to the rod keeping the legs stable.

The neoprene replacement belts are strong (I promise), but they are orangey and lugged, and not always as low noise as promised, it depends.

Last edited by Mickey2; 01-03-2018 at 05:52 AM.