Thread: Why shops close
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 08:43 AM
sailsablazin

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I think brick and mortar stores will all begin to close as the Internet takes over. Many retailers and malls are seeing the impact of Amazon and Internet sales. I am beginning to feel how my parents felt as times and technology changed too quickly for them. I still use mostly cash for store purchases but even that is changing to debit and charge only.
I refuse to use a debit card and rarely use a charge card. DH forgets to record what he puts on the debit card and we were overdrawn--that will not be happening again!
I will write a check even though my children all call me a dinosaur...tough! I am appalled at how quickly people swipe their cards at any store.....so easy to get into major debt!

Shopping online one cannot FEEL the fabric which is something that I want to do before I buy it. You can feel the cheapness of a poor fabric....Don't want to put something crummy into my quilt and then regret it later! I will support those local quilt shops with good quality fabric and friendly staff. Staff that is not helpful or ignores me,,,store will lose my business!