Thread: Snowed In
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 06:31 AM
Lena1952

Snowed in in Delaware too, but it's the temps that have us stymied! Brrrrr! Living in the rural part of DE, we are used to bad weather but every time a bird poops on the power lines we loose power. So far for this storm we have not lost power and that is a miracle! My studio that is separate from the house has heat (no AC yet) but the temps are so cold the heater only manages about 40*. I have finished repairing a queen sized quilt made for my stepson when he was 8, he is now 32. Made quickly years ago with a flannel back, the backing just fell apart. I told him he needed a new one and his response of " Noooo, I need this one fixed" was sweet. Made anew back tied and rebound. When the studio warms up his new quilt will be up next on my list. I have knitted one scarf and am currently working on a caplet. I have also finished 2 books and managed not to strangle my husband during this storm. A major accomplishment!!! Overall I am making good use of my time off from work and the bustle of everyday life.