View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 05:47 AM
illinois

I think Sue enjoys butterflies but this print may be too busy for the sashing. Since you've already taken this apart, you are ready to try again. It looks like her bonnets are dark blue and it might be that the same "color" will highlight Sue instead of distract from her. With all the work you've done on that, you want people to see Sue, not the sashing. Try taking a couple of blocks to the store and put them on some fabrics there and see what the possibilities are. Remember the color wheel when choosing something. You've got blue (I think) and yellow--where to go from there? Sometimes I pick out fabrics and put them on the living room floor for a few days to walk by it to see if I like it over and over--and with the changing light of the hours. Just tossing out an idea--to tame that yellow that you don't like now, what would it look like to put some triangles on the corners?--snowball blocks? But you may not have enough room to do that? Just play with it but you have some really cute blocks. Don't give up! From here I think I might like to match the sashing to the bonnets.