View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 09:59 AM
redstilettos

I love this thread. I always get so inspired to actually "take care of business" when I'm done reading it.

I spent the weekend (horribly frigid weather), in my sewing area and went through a bunch of scrap material that has been growing. I finally took the plunge and cut whatever I could out of all of it. I now have a nice pile of tumblers, 2.5" charms, 2.5" strips, 1.5" strips, strings, and a large sandwich bag full of 1.5" squares for anyone brave enough to do a 1" postage stamp quilt. I plan on giving the vast majority of these to my guild to sell at their quilt show in February. I was gifted a lot of this fabric, so it cost me nothing but time. My guild takes all proceeds and buys fabric for QOV and charity quilts, so that feels good to contribute to that, too.

It felt Great to finally get through some of that mess in that corner. And now I could actually vacuum over there. Oh wait....I hate to vacuum. Well...if I ever Do get the urge, it's empty now.

Now....on to taming the "smaller than a fat quarter" but still too big to cut into other pieces. What to do with That mess?!??