View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 05:50 PM
mac

Well, I finally decided to get an Instant Pot, thanks to everyone that replied to my thread. However, I am now going to have to wait until they have a giant sale on them.

Like you, Margaret, I am a little intimidate on using a pressure cooker from all of those tales I heard as a child growing up. My husband is also a very picky eater and only likes meat and potatoes with no fancy spices, just salt and pepper.

To Stitchnripper: Too funny, 'about the last meal' comment. I did that to my husband when he kept complaining that he didn't like the way I cooked. When I got him 3 months of frozen TV dinners, he was happy as a clam. When he finally noticed that I wasn't cooking anymore, I kind of lost my will to cook. No point cooking for a person who doesn't like anything you cook. I was a really good cook and used to make everything from scratch, but being part Italian, I loved using garlic and onions. He can't stand them, and he used so say he was 'allergic' to them. Not true! It was mainly the smell he couldn't stand. But, I did finally find away around the no garlic and onions thing by using the powdered versions. Now if he doesn't smell the fresh stuff, he doesn't know it is in the food.

Since I don't find any fun in cooking anymore, I am hoping the Instant Pot will get my culinary juices going by making the process a lot quicker.