View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 06:34 AM
LindaR

Originally Posted by Janis
LindaR, I think you'll like it. I hate for a needle to come unthreaded when I'm sewing, and this saves me from aggravation alot of the time. Sometimes the thread will come out of the needle, but that's when I just get the needle in the side of the thread and not in far enough in the middle of the thread to hold. It helps me keep from losing needles in my pin cushion too, as the thread usually keeps the needle from going in too far and is easier to pull out with the pulling on both threads.
Another tip I like is to go to some place like Auto Zone and get one of their telescoping magnets. I get one of those little ones that guys can carry in their pocket. It's handy if you loose a needle (have done that), drop your scissors or seam ripper, or to pick up pins off the floor (mine drop all the time). It is small but mighty and cost about $3.00. I've seen them lately at Joann's, but there they are about $10.00.
I have 2 bingo wands that work really well...one by my chair and one by sewing machine...thanks for the tip