View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 05:35 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
You are so good, Leta. I've passed by Mary Jo's twice as it's on the way to our son's...lucky MrOk and my check book as it was closed both times we went through!
Unfortunately, Mary Jo's is not as much a temptation as in the past. She passed away this past year, and her son has been running the company for the past several years. Both the fabric quality and quantity is sadly lacking, compared to how it used to be when Mary Jo ran the business. The hours are reduced, the staff is surly, and the entire personality of the store has changed. It's really sad.

On an entirely different note, here are some pics of my "Jewels from Mt. Fuji" (my own adaptation of MSQC's "Majestic Mountains"). I'm trying to decide if I want to keep "same blocks together" or "mix & match". I'm hoping to do some "modern" quilting in the negative space.

Help me decide, please... "same together" or "mix & match"... and I have more blocks in the wings, waiting for me to finish piecing them.
And of course, my photography skills are greatly lacking. The top one is more "matched", the bottom one is random.
Attached Thumbnails initial-arrangement.jpg   mixed-up.jpg