Old 01-14-2018, 03:39 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

I asked my techie dh who understands electricals about this. He told me a couple of things.

First, he said to hold the plug in place and jiggle the cord. If the power goes on/off then there is a broken wire inside the cord and there is pretty much nothing you can do.

If the problem is with the plug, he said if it is not a molded plug it might be fixable. If it is a molded plug (which I believe most of our machines have), someone with electrical knowledge could cut off the plug and replace it. However, usually those plugs are molded specifically to a machine (and therefore are not generic), so you probably won't be able to find a replacement plug anyway.

Did you buy the replacement from a dealer? Or off eBay or Amazon? There are so many knock-offs these days, it's best to buy only from a reputable dealer.

Anyway, the upshot of what my dh said (and I confess I did not understand all of it) is that you probably need to buy a new cord.

Edit: I asked about the grease, and he said never to do something like that. He also said it is hard on the machine to have the power flicker on and off like that.

Last edited by Prism99; 01-14-2018 at 03:45 PM.