Old 01-14-2018, 04:31 PM
lverano

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
No. If it's shoe uppers you're set on sewing this is not the machine for it. I'm guessing the Ebay ad told you it will handle leather. For once in a while things like light weight garment leather this is a great machine but a steady diet of anything heavy is asking for an early demise. This is a domestic(home) machine, what you want is an industrial designed for leather work.

Cari
Hi Cari, I've heard this before, and I respect it. I've watched a guy on YouTube walk a needle down a 3mm thick piece of leather over and over again with no problems with a well serviced 15-91, but I don't think I'm going to be using material quite that thick. Definitely not thicker than that. The 15-91 is just my answer for doing what I want to do until I can shell out $500.00 for an industrial Pfaff leather sewing machine, ya know. It's sixty dollars worth of fun while I'm learning a new craft, as far as rebuilt replacement 15-91 motor being sold on eBay all day long is concerned. Thanks for your reply here. I hope I can learn a thing or two. The feedback on this forum is really plentiful, I am so glad I found it!