View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 07:44 AM
Snooze2978

I try to keep my sewing room clean as much as possible. After every project, I vacumn, put the fabrics I didn't use back, scraps in their perspective tote, etc. Then I can feel good about starting another project. Sometimes I have a couple projects going at one time like right now, so each project takes up one corner of my cutting table so I can keep them separate from each other. I have shelves for future projects and as I find a fabric I think might work with them I pull from my stash and put it in their pile on the shelf until I finally get around starting that project. I keep my flimsies on hangers with a paper pinned to them telling me whether I have the binding made, backing ready, what size the quilt is, whether I have the quilting patterns ready and what threads I want to use. I try to keep as organized as possible cause my memory is about 5 minutes long otherwise

As to my fabrics which is the main topic here, I have mine on comic book boards and/or bolt boards if over 5yds. I put up new shelves this past year so I have more room for the fabrics. I keep mine by color or if I have a large collection of a brand/type I keep them together. Right now I ran out of room again so they're starting to pile up where ever I can find a place to stack them. Drat it all............I seem to buy faster than I use them up.
Attached Thumbnails fabric-room-1-2017.jpg  

Last edited by Snooze2978; 01-15-2018 at 07:48 AM.