View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 09:24 AM
JanelleTrebuna

Default Hi from Kentucky :)

Hi, my name is Janelle, and I'm 47 (married 29yrs to my best friend; mom of 3 grown dd)
I've been living in Northern KY for the past 12 years (transplant from California).
I began quilting when my oldest dd was about 8. I made her a purple quilt which I hand tied.
I went on to make a Winnie the Pooh quilt for middle dd when she was 4, and a dinosaur and bug quilt for my youngest dd when she was 4 or 5. I've made many crib sized quilts; mostly for my children's teachers as they had babies. I've also made class quilts-a huge undertaking at the time.
My favorite part of quilting is piecing. I love color! I love picking and arranging the colors.
I even began dyeing fabric for quilting 2 years ago.
I sometimes combine xstitching with making small wall quilts.
I have a Janome 1600p and a Gracie frame, but haven't been able to get the hang of using them together. My thread usually breaks.
(I have few other sewing machines in my newly renovated "she-cave" that my dh created for me this past year.)
So I am trying to learn free motion stitching.
I am interested in landscape quilting, but haven't completed one yet.
I found this forum by way of google and was excited to see that it seems pretty active and look at all the beautiful postings of quilts you all have made.