Old 01-17-2018, 08:06 PM
jemholo

Thanks all. There aren't any legs, it's just a cushion. I also found a photo of the original (it's from pier 1), and this appears to be the original fabric. I think it's just not very sturdy fabric or very well made, which is why it's shredding all over. It's actually impossible to remove the old "cover" because it's quilted through. If you remove down to the bottom layer of the quilting it's just stuffing.

The school doesn't want to buy new fabric and frankly, neither do I for a "pro bono" project, so quilting cotton will at least be a lot more durable than what's there now. No way am I going to go buy a bunch of upholstery fabric for something I'm doing for volunteer hours for a preschool program that I already pay way too much for! I agree that novelty prints could be fun...but I don't usually sew with those so don't have any on hand either.

I actually like the original layout more than the tuffet that I posted, which is why I was trying to recreate it. I think that with a new, fresh fabric the design will look really cute, but maybe I am partial to dresdens!!

I started on it tonight and i think I have a plan that will work....I'll post photos when it's complete!