View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 05:36 AM
NZquilter

Default Organization Suggestions Please?

I'm always in awe of you all who organization your fabrics so well! I know its time for me to do like wise. I have a large linen cupboard and built-in drawers for my fabrics, but unfortunately I just started stuffing everything in, knowing I can just close the doors and drawers and none would be the wiser. I feel like I am wasting all this lovely cupboard space that my DH graciously gave me. I need it to look good... And I need to see what I have!

I will be buying comic book boards for everything I have 3/4yd - 2 yard size, which is pretty much as large as my yardage comes. But my question is, how do you suggest I organize all my small pieces. Most of my stash is 1/2yd - 1/4 yd (not FQ size) or smaller. It's stuff I pick up from thrift stores in scrap bags, so its in all shapes and sizes. I have heard of quilters cutting all their scraps into strips, the way Bonnie Hunter does, but I don't want to cut anything until I use it. I do a lot of applique so I use odd shapes.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat so I would love to hear any ideas and what worked for you! (I don't really want to use totes or bins either. For me it just works as moving a mess from one location to another!)