View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 08:58 AM
klswift

I bought the clear plastic bins on sale. The small ones are used for scrapbooking (about 13" x 13" x 4") and the larger ones are probably 17" x 17" x 7". They stack easily and you can see what is in them. The larger ones are filled by folded up larger pieces of 'warm' colors, 'blues', neutrals, etc. They are folded like you would a flat qtr. so they are easily pulled out. I have one that is just precuts and fat qtrs. The smaller bins are full of the smaller pieces or WIPs. I use medium size pizza boxes for my orphan blocks because they are cardboard and I don't have to worry about any moisture and I can write on the side what they are (patriotic, baby prints, black/whites, etc). You can do this one box at a time or (and this is better but harder) take everything out and only put the organized stuff back in. IT IS A LOT OF WORK, but, you will feel so much better when it is done. And, you will be amazed at the treasures you uncover. I felt so energized about making so many new things once I saw what I truly had.