Old 01-24-2018, 01:10 PM
DonnaC

I will definitely think about the idea of ties, although that would probably take me longer than machine sewing. But it would make for a more cushiony quilt I think.

thimblebug, that is a great idea... I'm surprised it didn't occur to me because I spent a lot of time on Pinterest (which I probably should not because it's the cause of many experimental projects...LOL).

Martina, these "ladies" are relatives of mine and believe you me, I tried to weasel out of these projects altogether, but they would not take no for an answer! Neither of them has any concept as to how much time and effort these projects take. So making my life harder wouldn't phase them. That's why I am trying to make this easier on myself by doing the solid backing. That's a whole bunch of squares I won't have to cut out. Even though I use the Accuquilt, it's time consuming to cut up clothing because of all the little bits and pieces, sleeves and cuffs and things you can't use that have to be cut around. And one of the ladies gave me a bunch of clothing that's primarily knit tops, and only a couple of cotton items, so I have to deal with the stretching issue too.