View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 06:24 AM
tropit

Tofu Salad

I like this recipe a lot. I put the salad on a couple of pieces of toasted bread, or roll it up in a lavash, or tortilla. My husband always takes it to work for lunch in a sandwich form, piled high, with fresh lettuce, sprouts and tomatoes. I use tofu mayo in this recipe, but you could use regular mayo. Again, the Himalayan black salt really makes this recipe taste yummy, but you could go with plain old salt, if you want. For those of you on WW, tofu is a zero point food, so the total points for a big pile of this is only 2-3 points, depending on your portion and the amount of mayo you put in. You can also add all sorts of other veggies to it for free. A little curry powder makes this a bit more exotic. Pickle relish is good in it too, but it has a point, or two. The variations are endless. This basic recipe will serve about 4.

1 block of extra firm tofu
6-8 tablespoons of tofu mayo
1/2 onion chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped
1 carrot chopped
1 tablespoon of capers, drained
1 teaspoon Dijion mustard
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan black salt
dash of black, or white pepper

Drain and press the tofu, then cut into 1/2 inch cubes, put into a medium bowl and set aside. In a food processor, add the rest of the ingredients and pulse a couple of times until well blended, then combine with tofu an stir until mixed. You can add additional mayo if it seems too dry.

*If you're not too worried about extra calories, try adding a handful of toasted cashews...delicious!

~ C