View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 01:41 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I hand quilted my larger quilts and did walking foot quilting with smaller quilts. And I have combined hand and Domestic Machine quilting on several. I tried FMQ on my domestic but I was never any good at it and it was no fun for me. I was tense and I couldn't do any of the beautiful things I saw pictures of. Hand quilting was so slow for me. It would take me years to complete one but I did enjoy hand quilting.

I had way too many quilts inside of me that needed to get out and if I hand quilted I would only get a fraction made. I had been quilting for about 20 years when I discovered longarms. Didn't even know such a thing existed until I joined this board. The first time I laid hands on one I knew this is what I was meant to do. But before I got my LA I sent a quilt out to Green Fairy (Judi Madsen). She was a member of this board and hadn't gotten really famous yet so I could afford her then . I treasure my quilt done by Judi. Now I quilt for myself and others on my LA. I for one am thankful for the ladies who have entrusted their quilts to me. I have met some wonderful people and even made a few dear friends through longarming. And I know there are many LAQ out there that are equally thankful for their clients.