Thread: new machine
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 04:04 PM
grammypatty7

I owned the Pfaff 2034 for 5 years and love it. Had the opportunity to buy the new Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 last fall and decided to go for it as it has the larger quilting area and was amazed at how well I took to this new Pfaff. I just love it but I am a hand quilter who machine pieces. I am learning to do some simple machine quilting but hand quilting is my preference. I recently had a free class on the machine and since it's my second Pfaff, the teacher suggested I take it home, see how I do and come in with a list of questions which is what I did. Had her demo free motion quilting for me and it does and awesome job of it. Eventually I'd like to learn how to do it just because . . . but I'm a hand quilter by preference. The 2.0 is the previous model of my 4.0 so I'm sure you made a good choice. Keep your owners guide handy and you should be just fine. If you do run into trouble, you should have at least one free class from your dealer as I was told I have unlimited free classes if needed but I suspect she knew that with me, it wouldn't be needed as I'm determined to do as much as possible on my own.

New to the list and let's see if my photos come through. I've enjoyed lurking for about 3 weeks now and decided I had to reply to this email.

Blue quilted sweatshirt Jacket - machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74[/ATTACH]

Block of the Month - machine and hand quilted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75[/ATTACH]

Sami's quilt - machine pieced and hand quilted
[ATTACH=CONFIG]76[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74.jpe   attachment-75.jpe   attachment-76.jpe