View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 04:25 AM
Barbm

We do the quilt as a raffle. I also have a very talented artist cousin who does a painting every year. We do other baskets, etc. too. The quilt and painting are 1 raffle. It is $10 and you are only allowed to buy 1 ticket. The other raffles- baskets, etc. are $1.00 a ticket and you can buy as many as you want. For the Ide reunion (my Gram's ancestors who settled this area back in the 1700's) it raises about $500 dollars for all the raffles. For my Mom's side of the family- a smal group of about 20 to 30, it raises about $150. For Dad's side of the family we raise about $300.

The money is used to pay for the facility if it is rented, the meat and drink, paper products. We all bring a dish to share. We have games and prizes but the highlight of the day is the raffle. Every year the reunions grow. I'm on the committee for Dad's side and we do a theme and give out silly prizes. Last year was luau and we all dressed up. This year is fiesta and we are busy finding decorations and food ideas. Dad's side fo the family reunion is held at my house, we have a pavilion and tons of parking (we have 34 acres) and I have seating for 55. This year we are adding camping.