View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 06:26 AM
buddy'smom

Good luck with your move, hubby and I are deciding if we want to move from NY to MN, where our daughter April moved, she's not well and by herself, but at our age not sure the move is the right thing?

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Thank you all for your well wishes. Today a good friend came over and helped me pack. Today was the day I saw the turning point that this can be done. It is so fun to come here and see what people are sewing and creating while I am packing. It makes me itch to get my sewing set up later this month to get Summer blocks ready.

Off Topic but hopefully entertains. However, in determining which company to use for a rental truck I went to a consumer affairs site. That was a mistake. There are so many horror stories. I can not believe what people have gone through during a move. One person had her car she was towing come off and she didn’t know it until miles later when filling up on gas. She located her car by calling the police and it was so battered that it needed $6,000 in repairs. So finally, I decided to look at how many bad reviews my first choice of moving trucks had in the last year. 150. That may seem like a lot but if you think of how many truck rentals happen all over the USA in one year it made me realized that only people who have a bad story bother to write a review. So I will proceed with caution, review the contract carefully and hope for a non eventful move.

We do our main move in eight days. Yeah and yikes!