View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 10:19 AM
MarilynS

I have been quilting for years. Initially pieces by hand , then began machine quilting. Started a Quilt group at my church and was doing more and more tops both for myself, charity and fund raising. Initially I did hand quilting but it was so slow and because I was piecing more, found the need to send quilts out. I was lucky to ind a longsrm quilter on my immediate neighborhood , but it became very expensive. I used her services for years until she decided to give up the business due to get illness and costing fir her husband who was also ill. I had always wanted s long arm but none was within my budget. I moved to a new state, had no resources st selfie quilting and decided to look at the HQ Avante. I talked to my old longsrm quilter who had a Gamilland she thought the HQ would work well for me. She was right, I bought and am extremely happy with it. I am learning more techniques and patterns. I only Quilt for myself and all of my quilts are gifts to friends and family members and community service projects. I am now starting to keep a few for myself and I am a happy longsrm quilter.