View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:06 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

I did not know how to pp until I joined the FW quilt group and managed to teach myself (with bad habits, I think) and enjoy doing it. Laura A. Hird had a disk with the patterns on the first book that connected to EQ7, printing out the block, templates and pp. I printed out the templates to cut each piece for paper piecing pattern for each block. I traced the pp pattern lines on the back side, so could paste the fabric piece in the correct spot and sew from the back side. A 12 x 12 glass set in a 'frame' with small legs on it so small counter lights could light up the underneath and show the lines on the glass top. The tubes of school paste glued each fabric piece in place for me to sew in the correct order of number sequence. It worked for me, and I am still enjoying that way today. It works for me. But I feel like I am back in kindergarten of quilting classes when I look at all the beautiful blocks and quilts show in this topic discussion. My hat is off the their beautiful work they have shown here. Wow! .