View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Anniedeb

Absolutely! In addition to quilting, I spend hours tracing family history. There are many available sources of information out there. You do have to be careful that you don't just pick up and run with info posted, because in many instances it is incorrect. I have been able to dispel some myths and lore that had been passed along in our family, and answer questions and find "missing" family members. I've had my DNA done, and was a bit surprised by one finding. I find the connection to the past fascinating, and was able to locate and visit the burial sites of both sets of great-grandparents on my dad's side. There also was a previous thread here on DNA. Very interesting!

Ancestry does charge, but FamilySearch is free, google, and your state historical societies have a ton of info. Ours has a library dedicated to records. Death certificates usually have a lot of info. Ask family members for info. Check census info. Church records may give you info. Happy searching!

Last edited by Anniedeb; 02-01-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Add additional information