View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 12:25 PM
K-Roll

Hi everyone,
I just sent Maxie a message, I am forced to release myself from this swap (and everyone from waiting for my blocks). I wish life went smoothly too and I also appreciate marietta's message, and hope things go easy there marietta.
Aside from getting flu, and getting well, and holidays, and a family emergency, I was unable to make enough "good" blocks to send by the early mailing today (my last hope). I'm dejected, and I wrote to armylady just now to send my regrets.
I know this is supposed to be a simple block good for beginners which I am but Lordy! I had trouble. I should have re-cut every last piece instead of trying re-sew pieces here and there. I ended up with "scant" blocks. I was still re-cutting some pieces yesterday! And my finished blocks are not reliably 12.5 inches. The pink one in the pic is 11.5".
"Almost" doesn't really work. I don't want to send bad blocks. I have lost the battle with "Churn Dash" at the moment, & am posting pics of the carnage. Sorry to all.
These will go into my Mistake quilt project - which is getting to be a really big quilt.
Attached Thumbnails 20180201_114225-1-.jpg   20180201_114313-1-.jpg