View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by Abashobbes View Post
I started teaching sewing to children after school over 6 years ago and was looking for machines to use. This brother 6000i was on my list. I ended up with janome 7330. These are awesome machines! I have eight! I've gone from one class of eight students to eight classes of five students. Currently I have four days/classes of 6 students. My machines are still going strong. Every year a couple of students get sewing machines for Christmas. A few years ago a student got the brother 6000i. I had the mom bring it in to help teach her daughter how to use it. Lets just say you get what you pay for. It looks great but it is a plastic-inside machine. It is very light weight, easily half the weight of my janomes. The problem with these kinds of machines is tension goddess wacko easily. I would not recommend it.
Anita
The tension on mine low end brothers have been fine for years never had an iota of tension issues. My machine gets moderate use for the last 7 years, goes through thick layers and yes I got it at walmart. Why do some think there are tension issues on them. Tension is only an issue when you never learn how to adjust it. I personally think they are great beginner machines. I learned on one and still using the brand today. I have several brothers