View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 04:59 AM
NJ Quilter

Originally Posted by selm View Post
I found out recently that many libraries have accounts with Ancestry so you can log into your membership that way for free. A relative says when she finds something(birth-death certificates, etc) that she wants to save she emails it to herself from her logon at the library. Haven't tried it myself but found a nearby library with it and plan to do it soon.
Thanks for the tip about library logons to ancestry. I'll have to check into that.

I've dabbled with genealogy for years. Initially for DH's family as they are rather extensive and pervasive locally. A cousin of his has done a tremendous amount of research that used to be online but I haven't been able to locate it lately. I have old printouts thankfully. Recently one brother has become very interested in our family and have been working with him and one of our cousins on our family. Very frustrating that ancestry has sucked up most of what used to be free sites.

As someone else mentioned, no interest in doing DNA as I don't want them to own it. Who knows what they ultimately may do with that info.