View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 05:29 AM
Trisher

Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
For privacy reasons and concerns about how the DNA would be used, I have no interest at all in having DNA testing done.

About 30 years ago a distant family member did a family tree, back before the internet, on my maternal grandfather's side. It went back about 300 years in Canadian (Nova Scotia) History. Other than that I know when my maternal grandmother's family came to Canada. Dad's parents were both immigrants. I do not need to know more.

I am more concerned about the actions of people today than laying claims on people from the past.
Not wanting to lay claims on people from the past! Just find it interesting to know the names of my 'people' and wonder what life was like for them in the time that they lived. I am sure that there are less than 'savory' people in everybody's genealogy! No worries!

I have more of an interest in world and Canadian history now than I did in school (way back when!).

I too am interested in peoples actions, and that is why I pray for my kids and grand kids everyday! That will influence the present and the future!

Just sayin'!