View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Teen

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I have tried ancestry.com out a few times when they offered a free trial. Found virtually nothing. It seems you need a lot of family info to begin with, to search. In my gut I feel most of the info is bound to be hogwash... how could anyone substantiate it? Like virtually all Scots thinking they are descended from Robert the Bruce. I heard that one all my life too, from my Dad's Scottish side.

I've decided that life is too short to spend it looking backwards!
lol.... I have relatives who have done the research and share but I spent my entire career in front of computer before I became a counselor...have no desire to do it now. And, it seems everyone is related to someone famous. My cousin found a distant relative was a bank robber and was hanged. I'm pretty sure this is reliable since the majority of my family and descendents are/were a bit on the wild side with questionable reputations. I enjoy hearing about what everyone finds out, though. Just not interested in doing the work. And, I love sitting around the table hearing stories of days gone by. Bought my mom a tape recorder this year. We are starting to record her stories. Fun..