View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 05:16 AM
Barbm

Janeen- come on over! I have 5 biological sisters, but I can always use another one. (None of them quilt!)

My sister was showing me the O.T. catalog. Since I make the quilt I try to stay away from purchasing anything else, but I like the idea of chili peppers lights.

The quilt this year is a throw (yes, I say that every year and it grows, last year was a queen size). I usually purchase a pattern desinged by a local designer (Endless Mountain Quiltworks in Tunkhannock PA) and make it colors that anyone would like. This year is called Polka Party, a square in a square. My sister helped me pick the fabric- good thing as I would never pick orange and purple. But we wanted fun colors. (and my husband plays the accordian- tons of polkas)

I haven't really picked quilt patterns for the other 2 reunions. I was thinking of the Block of the Month we are doing here as a sampler for Mom's reunion and a "crumb" quilt (now that I know what it is :) ) for the Ide reunion since that's where the quilt police hang out.

I am learning from this site!