Thread: Memory Quilt
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 05:28 AM
Roben

These are really great ideas - thank you all! Unfortunately, getting the notes re-done isn't an option (family issues - long story.) I thought about tracing them onto muslin, but fine detail work like that eludes me at the moment (although that may get better, so I'm definitely keeping that option open!) If I can find any laminating medium that would provide UV protection, then I could put them on the front with the objects they describe - I'm just really concerned about light fading that green ink and bleaching the paper.

I have more research to do before actually attaching everything. One of the pieces is a wooden crochet hook my Grandfather made for my Grandmother in the 30's, and the package of needles is black paper - I can easily back the needle package with a piece of acid free cardboard, but again I'm concerned about it fading over time. I'm thinking of attaching the crochet hook by sewing on a ribbon and tying the hook, that way I can check it periodically.

I really want to do this as well as possible, even if it takes longer. Thank you for all your ideas - they really do help!