View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Anniedeb

My test gave me percentages. In my case I had been told I was English, Irish, French Canadian, and Native American. My test confirmed most, but showed no Native American. My test was through Ancestry. I found several relatives through DNA matches, from other members who had done the test. Through those matches, I was able to find new information to follow, and investigate. My Tree is set to Public viewing meaning that those searching can view my info. That does not mean anyone can change the information. You have to authorize someone to edit your information in order for that to happen. I've belonged for 6 years, and yes...people grab and attach info to their trees without verifying, or using common sense, but no one has ever changed my tree. I am the main researcher in my family. I realize every family is different. Some have no interest. Some have valid reasons to want nothing to do with it. I am the opposite. I love the challenge of exploring the past. Standing by my great-grandparents graves who all passed before I was born, was incredibly emotional for me. And yes....my tree has some pretty crooked, twisted branches.