View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 03:08 PM
JJBlaine

Thanksall for the compliments! These little blocks have been fun to put together so far. TBH, tho, I have not done the blocks every day. I think that would drive me a little nuts, and I would come to dread them. Instead, I let 3-4 days pass, then catch up.

Originally Posted by Patski-Mi. View Post
Are your blocks 6" and are there patterns for them? Great stash buster.
The blocks for January were all 3". It is my understanding that in April, you start on 6" blocks. So, not a big dent in the stash so far, but maybe when it is all finished?

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Those are 3" blocks - I did it the first year (2016) but am thinking of doing another this year. My first was scrappy light/dark and I really like how it turned out in the end.

I think it's a wonderful skill building challenge.
Your quilt was the one that inspired me to work on this challenge! I was on the fence when I saw all of the gorgeous color-coordinated versions online, but I'm on the fabric moratorium, so I was going to skip it. Then I did a search here and saw how stunning your quilt turned out all scrappy. So, thank you!

Originally Posted by stichinluvr View Post
Where is the challenge located. It sounds like a good way to use my scraps - or at least start. Thanks
The challenge is located at Katheryn Kerr's 365 Challenge. A block is posted daily, and is available for 3 months. It is a free challenge. Like Macybaby said, it is a great skill builder. The blocks start simple, then the pieces get smaller and the patterns more intricate as you go along.