View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 08:23 AM
Blackberry

Default Forest Animals Twin Size Quilt

My granddaughter wanted a camouflage/woodsy patterned quilt. We found this beautiful fabric at Hobby Lobby. The large squares are cut 6 inches and the four patch are cut 3 1/2 inches. The fabric lent itself very well to get some really nice squares with the animals without fussy cutting them. I had purchased a marbleized muted green for the backing. Then I realized if I had a busy backing fabric there would be less chance to see puckers, etc in the quilting.So I went back to hobby lobby and purchased more of the fabric with the animals to use for the backing. I used Warm & Natural for the batting and was very pleased how the fabric held to the batting because I used our queen sized bed to do my sandwich. I smoothed it our really well and then used an old cutting board under each section that I was pinning. I am not good at FMQ so I chose to use SITD for the quilting. I have RA and I was ready to send this quilt off to a LA person for quilting but then decided I could at least try. So I used my 1970's Kenmore sitting it on the far end of my kitchen table so the quilt would have a shelf so to speak to lay on during quilting. I was really surprised that I was able to do this but I could only work in increments of time to keep my shoulders and back from hurting. I was very pleased with how this quilt turned out. I may even attempt another one, NOT.
Attached Thumbnails 2018-jan-27-lauri-quilted-twin-size-megan.jpg   2018-jan-27-lauri-quilted-twin-size-megan1.jpg   2018-jan-27-lauri-quilted-twin-size-megan2.jpg   2018-jan-27-lauri-quilted-twin-size-megan3.jpg   2018-jan-27-lauri-quilted-twin-size-megan4.jpg