Old 02-08-2018, 11:16 AM
helou

Default a friend brought me a quilt a mother had started but she will not finish it

I had not posted this one....
my friend's mother moved to a place where she can receive help for her basic needs (I know there is a better word for this, but I can't remember for now.
so they had to empty her appartment. As my friend knew that I made quilts she asked me if I wanted a quilt that had been started but will not be finished by anyone in her family because nobody knew or was interested in quilting. I said: sure!
well! it was the beginning of a long adventure. there were some lemoyne star blocks, some of them were joined with a dark green sashings. some were cuts of losanges, squares, sashings and the fabric for the backings.
the fabric is not 100% coton but some unknown (to me) synthetic fabrics...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588618[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588619[/ATTACH]

i finally decided to take it all apart, to re-cut every piece with a template and change the design

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588621[/ATTACH]

months later I gave her the result of my labour loll
instead of the size that the original quilt was supposed to be, I made it smaller and reversible. I added two reversible doll quilts for her 2 grd-daughters..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588623[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588623[/ATTACH]

and the back side (which I prefer actually..)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588624[/ATTACH]

and she also gave me a box full of very thin fabric peces all pre-cut for whatever pattern that it was supposed to be. I have no clue but the fabric is so thin that I might use it as foundation for a future quilt...
Attached Thumbnails img_1510.jpg   img_1511.jpg   img_1512.jpg   img_1514.jpg   2016-09-10a-le-devant-et-celle-de-poup%E9e.jpg  

2016-09-10b-le-dos-et-celle-de-poup%E9e.jpg  

Last edited by helou; 02-08-2018 at 11:18 AM.