Old 02-09-2018, 04:09 AM
QuiltnNan
Power Poster

Default Advice on finishing tumbling blocks quilt

This quilt was hand-pieced by my aunt and dear friend who passed about 2 years ago. In 2005, she had given it to me as she felt, due to dexterity issues, that she could not finish it. She had started to quilt it and was not happy with what she was able to do. In cleaning out my UFOs, I uncovered the box that this had been in and thought that I need to finish it now to pass on to the new generation in her memory. It is still pinned by her. The hand-sewn seams are weak in some spots. My thought is to serpentine stitch all of the seams to relieve the stress on them. I'd use blue thread in the top and bottom as her hand-quilting was with red. At first, I had thought to remove her quilting, but friends thought it best to leave it as it is part of her. The size is only 33"x 38". I don't know whether to add borders, which would have to be QAYG, to increase the size. I'd love to hear all of your thoughts to make this as meaningful as it can be. TIA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588679[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588680[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588681[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20180208-front.bmp   20180208-kays-quilting.bmp   20180208-corner-closeup.bmp