View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 02:23 PM
paintmejudy

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Thank you Judy! Just to clarify, you used solids (or close to solids) for the coloured fabric on all the QSTs?
I'm sorry we are ending next week. I enjoy your mysteries and this one will be way too short.
They are a collection of mostly solids, but some dark tone-on-tone, some tiny tiny print that look like solid from a distance, and even used the wrong side of some pieces where the print was too busy for what I wanted, but the back was pretty solid.

To Every one of you - I am taking a poll.
I had come up with some other ideas when I finally sat down to draft this mystery. I even cut all the pieces for a scrappy monotone gray with a touch of yellow, but it is all HSTs and I figured a lot of gals wouldn't be too pleased with that. But ... if anyone likes HSTs, I got a dandy almost ready to go within a couple weeks of the end of #18. It doesn't have to be monotone, but I had a ton of gray, This pattern would work nicely with light, medium and dark scraps, with a solid accent color.
Let me know how you feel, all comments welcome. I chose this from a single block I saw but the pattern it makes it absolutely stunning!