View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Rachelcb80

I'm in the midst of constructing a bargello right now. My pattern called for 4 complete strip sets (fabrics 1-20) and then two partial strip sets (fabric 1-7 and 15-20). Each of my rows uses two full strip sets and one or the other partial strip set, though a few rows don't use either partial set. In each row I have to take apart a few pieces on one of the full strip sets, but the other strip set is used in it's already assembled form. Most of the rows require me to take out a few pieces of the partial strip set as well.

Really it's not as bad as it seems like it would be. My rows are going together quicker than I thought they would. I'm doing things a little different than the pattern calls for, though it really doesn't matter. It has you cut one rows sets, contruct them, sew them to the previous rows, then cut the next one, etc. I don't work well like that. I like to do one step at a time completely before I move to the next. So I cut all my strip sets in the different widths, marked each one with it's row number and piled those up. Then I'm making each row out of it's set pieces and marking it with it's number. When I get 10 or so done I sew them together. It's working out good for me to do it like that.

Good luck on your quilt! I'm having a lot of fun with this one and can definitely say I'll do more.