Old 02-14-2010, 06:45 AM
oldswimmer

Well, as many of you are getting to know me, you know that I am a bargain hunter! So... No fabric at Goodwill yesterday, but this was taped up in a roll and placed in the tote that they put the "doggie" blankets in. I couldnt believe it. The reason.... it said it was stained. Well, there is a yellowed fold mark that I found, but it certainly was not very bad. I paid $4.00 for it.

It is machined stitched and I love the sunny color. It seems to be all stitched fairly well . There are diamonds that don't exactly match up, and not sure I want to do anything with those. The area that concerns me is the very middle, which tends to balloon out a little.
Do you think I should try to "fix" that? I can tell it was sewn in big sections, so I may be able to tackle it. I plant to have it machine quilted, so I am concerned it won't lay flat if I don't try to do something. I have not pressed it yet, or washed it. Maybe I should do that first. Sure would appreciate your wisdom and input! Thanks so much! Love all of you and the board!

quilt from Goodwill
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6873[/ATTACH]

middle part of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6874[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-6873.jpe   attachment-6874.jpe