View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 10:42 PM
Betty J

Default Sew-a-long Projects

This year I have made an effort to do the sew-a-log projects from Sweet Pea embroidery. They are machine embroidered in the hoop and then assembled on the machine. January's project was a Winter basket, (something to cool our very hot summer here in Australia) February's project was a Daisy table runner. Just straight sewing and a little quilting on the machine to finish them off. They are very straight forward projects to make with excellent directions from the digitizer. The designs embroider out very well too. I like to make these projects as at times they are something that I would not otherwise make and it is a lot of fun searching my stash for the appropriate fabrics. I used felt for the appliques on the winter basket as the designs were straight edge appliqued and felt is an excellent fabric as there is no fraying and the designs were very well suited to felt. I used plastic over the snow globe design to give an effect. Here are the pictures of my projects.
Attached Thumbnails img_2799.jpg   img_2800.jpg   img_2801.jpg   img_2802.jpg   imgp7663.jpg  

imgp7665.jpg   imgp7666.jpg