View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 08:10 PM
love to sew

[QUOTE=Suz;8001265]This is how I make QST. Think "swastika" (hate the word and it meaning). Draw lines diagonally on one 6" square and then match to a second square. Stitch 1/4" to the right of a line to the cross line. Stop at the cross line, turn, take about 4 stitches on the line to the next or outside line that would complete the "X", turn and stitch 1/4" to the end. Do this again on the other part of the "X". When you look at the center, it will resemble the "ugly" word. Now, cut on the drawn lines. You will have four identical QST. Press to the dark. Mix these with others and once stitched, square to 4-1/2"

Sorry, I have still not learned to post pixs. The nice think about this technique is that you do not have to deal with the bias. And if you want four identicals pointing in the opposite direction, then start the original stitching to th left of the drawn line. ---- Hope my description is clear and helps with the frustration issue encountered w/bias edges and stretching. ----- I'll try to answer any questions.[/QUOTe
I'm a visual learner and I can't seem to follow this. Hopefully someone can post a picture with how to do this.